It’s National Dairy Month, and what better way to celebrate than to remember one of Texas Tech University’s most iconic buildings: the Dairy Barn.
Built in 1926, the Dairy Barn is one of the four original campus buildings. In the beginning, the barn had enough land around it to house a dairy cattle herd. Though empty now, the barn originally had milking facilities for 40 cows, calf stalls, feed rooms, a chiller and an office.
- One Nebraska farmer takes ALS ice bucket challenge to extreme
- Organic/conventional quite indifferent in cow health, milk
- Iowa rancher is next star on 'The Bachelor'
- 72-stall robotic rotary breaks ground in Wisconsin
- Got Milk? Expands communications in unique agency partnership
- Cows, farms also under gunfire near Gaza strip