It’s National Dairy Month, and what better way to celebrate than to remember one of Texas Tech University’s most iconic buildings: the Dairy Barn.
Built in 1926, the Dairy Barn is one of the four original campus buildings. In the beginning, the barn had enough land around it to house a dairy cattle herd. Though empty now, the barn originally had milking facilities for 40 cows, calf stalls, feed rooms, a chiller and an office.
- Dairy promotion directors elect board officers
- USDA Farm Service Agency county committee elections begin Nov. 3
- Surging U.S. dollar values weighed on ag markets Friday morning
- Dairy markets: It's a bear out there
- The other crops couldn't duplicate Thursday night soy gains
- Minn.’s Peterson aims to hang onto House Ag Committee role, seat