It’s National Dairy Month, and what better way to celebrate than to remember one of Texas Tech University’s most iconic buildings: the Dairy Barn.
Built in 1926, the Dairy Barn is one of the four original campus buildings. In the beginning, the barn had enough land around it to house a dairy cattle herd. Though empty now, the barn originally had milking facilities for 40 cows, calf stalls, feed rooms, a chiller and an office.
- DHM Numbers: Cattle on feed, dairy CPI/PPI forecast
- Commentary: Yogurt redux: Readers react
- Protect yourself; MPP-Dairy is easy, LGM-Dairy may be better deal
- Penn State: Understanding the Farm Bill’s MPP-Dairy
- Calves with Sam: Another note on cross-sucking
- Employee Turnover Affecting Your Operation?