It’s National Dairy Month, and what better way to celebrate than to remember one of Texas Tech University’s most iconic buildings: the Dairy Barn.
Built in 1926, the Dairy Barn is one of the four original campus buildings. In the beginning, the barn had enough land around it to house a dairy cattle herd. Though empty now, the barn originally had milking facilities for 40 cows, calf stalls, feed rooms, a chiller and an office.
- The new line on your milk check — spore counts
- Commentary: A beef with yogurt
- 2014 Dairy Herd Management Innovation Awards announced
- Land O'Lakes creates 10 new fellowships at 5 universities
- Wash. judge rules non-competes “unenforceable” for A.I. techs
- 24 robots will soon be operating under one roof in New Zealand