It’s National Dairy Month, and what better way to celebrate than to remember one of Texas Tech University’s most iconic buildings: the Dairy Barn.
Built in 1926, the Dairy Barn is one of the four original campus buildings. In the beginning, the barn had enough land around it to house a dairy cattle herd. Though empty now, the barn originally had milking facilities for 40 cows, calf stalls, feed rooms, a chiller and an office.
- Vance Agribusiness names 2014 40 Under 40 honorees
- 6 questions and answers about rumen development in calves
- Life changes, but fall brings World Dairy Expo
- Last look at New Holland Pavilions before World Dairy Expo
- Dairy calf care: Every delivery is special
- Dairy calf care: When to assist, what to do