The Olean Times Herald reports a New York dairy farm was recognized by the New York Farm Bureau for using robotics to enhance milking production and efficiency.
Nathan and Barbara Blesy received the New York Farm Bureau’s Young Farmer and Rancher Achievement Award for embracing modern farming practices on their 245-cow dairy.
Nathan and his father, Harold, are partners in the dairy farm. They use four robotic milking units and other robotic equipment to clean the operation and feed the cows.
The Blesy’s receive a cash reward, use of a utility tractor and an expense-paid trip to Atlanta to compete nationally at the American Farm Bureau Federation Convention in January.
For more information click here.
New York Dairy Farm Recognized For Innovative Practices
- Falling livestock futures grabbing headlines Wednesday morning
- Cover Crops for Forage and Dairy Production
- California anaerobic digester project nears completion
- Dairy Farmers Of Ontario now title sponsor of Ont. Men's Curling
- Dave Dickson’s family gives $775,000 to support UW judging
- New interactive map highlights state ag contributions