SALEM, Ore. (AP) — The Roth's Fresh Markets grocery chain has chosen a new milk supplier after its previous supplier announced plans to close.
The Statesman Journal reports that the chain, which operates 10 stores in the Willamette Valley, will switch from Mallorie's Dairy in Silverton to the Portland-based Alpenrose Dairy.
Alpenrose contracts with the McMinnville-based Farmers Cooperative Creamery.
Grocery chain president Michael Roth says Alpenrose was the only company that could guarantee that the milk would primarily come from Oregon.
Copyright 2011 The Associated Press.
Oregon Grocery Chain Switches Dairy Supplier
- DHM Numbers: Cattle on feed, dairy CPI/PPI forecast
- Commentary: Yogurt redux: Readers react
- Protect yourself; MPP-Dairy is easy, LGM-Dairy may be better deal
- Penn State: Understanding the Farm Bill’s MPP-Dairy
- Calves with Sam: Another note on cross-sucking
- Employee Turnover Affecting Your Operation?