Several factors play into the choices you make for mastitis treatment, including:
• Individual cow health history
• Somatic cell counts
• Culturing and pathogen identification
• Herd health records
• Mastitis event data
Enhance your milk quality and increase successful treatment outcomes by sticking to the basics — keeping records, culturing and appropriately targeting your mastitis treatment.
This month on www.milkqualityfocus.com — Work smarter, not harder: Targeting mastitis treatment for better outcomes. Visit the site for insight from three veterinarians on ways to make mastitis therapy choices with milk quality in mind.
Targeting Mastitis Treatment For Better Outcomes
- DHM Numbers: Cattle on feed, dairy CPI/PPI forecast
- Commentary: Yogurt redux: Readers react
- Protect yourself; MPP-Dairy is easy, LGM-Dairy may be better deal
- Penn State: Understanding the Farm Bill’s MPP-Dairy
- Calves with Sam: Another note on cross-sucking
- Employee Turnover Affecting Your Operation?