Is chocolate milk ban-worthy?
Chocolate milk in school lunches continues to garner attention. Last week Santa Monica-Malibu schools in California decided to buck the current trend of banning chocolate milk and keep it on the menu. But, just yesterday public schools in Fayetteville, Ark., decided to remove chocolate milk from its breakfast menus. And, so the contentious debate surrounding chocolate milk continues. FULL STORY »
Break out the straw to keep calves healthy this winter
It’s time to put away the wood chips and start using straw to bed calves in cold climates. FULL STORY »
GMO labeling foes spend big on campaigns in Oregon, Colorado
Opponents of GMO food labeling proposals on the ballot next month in Oregon and Colorado have contributed roughly $20 million for campaigning against the proposed laws, nearly triple the money raised by supporters of the initiatives, campaign finance reports show. FULL STORY »
Miner Institute: Forced to feed newly harvested corn silage?
Corn silage harvest is currently under way for much of the U.S. or just finishing up for those lucky enough to get corn planted early this year. FULL STORY »
- The new line on your milk check — spore counts
- Commentary: A beef with yogurt
- 2014 Dairy Herd Management Innovation Awards announced
- Land O'Lakes creates 10 new fellowships at 5 universities
- Wash. judge rules non-competes “unenforceable” for A.I. techs
- 24 robots will soon be operating under one roof in New Zealand