Progress in FMD research
Since 1954, scientists with USDA’s Agricultural Research Service (ARS) have conducted research at plum Island, New York to prevent and control foreign animal diseases that threaten U.S. livestock production and food security. A new article from ARS outlines progress, particularly in defending against foot and mouth disease (FMD). FULL STORY »
Why both Liberals and Conservatives are wrong about immigration
Michael G. Harpold has spent most of his adult life on the front lines of immigration, including serving as a United States Border Patrol officer in California’s San Joaquin Valley during the early years of the Grape Strike led by Cesar Chavez. FULL STORY »
How do you compare to USDA's income, expense summary?
While good crop yields will help boost your income for 2013, lower prices will keep them in storage. FULL STORY »
College Aggies Online Program scholarship winner announced
The Animal Agriculture Alliance announced the results of its fifth annual College Aggies Online (CAO) scholarship competition. FULL STORY »
- Calif. dairy steals the show on ‘Undercover Boss’
- Fleeing suspect falls face-first in cow manure
- Slow music boosts milk production
- Precision dairy technologies galore: What to do?
- Another study shows that carbohydrate, not fat, is the culprit
- College Aggies Online Program scholarship winner announced