Lighter side: Bride, bridesmaids milk cows on wedding day
Weddings are a time for love, memories, and commitment. One Irish bride’s big day summed up all three, when her and three bridesmaids left the reception for cow milking when the farmer couldn’t find help. FULL STORY »
Thursday’s CME Dairy Market Recap
A down day in the spot market shook-up milk futures Thursday causing a massive sell-off in the front months. Nov – Mar contracts settled 11 to 73 cents lower. FULL STORY »
What’s the value of your network?
As an introvert, there’s nothing that makes me more uncomfortable than walking into a room full of people I don’t know. It doesn’t matter if I’m on a business or social outing – networking makes me nervous. FULL STORY »
GMO labeling foes spend big on campaigns in Oregon, Colorado
Opponents of GMO food labeling proposals on the ballot next month in Oregon and Colorado have contributed roughly $20 million for campaigning against the proposed laws, nearly triple the money raised by supporters of the initiatives, campaign finance reports show. FULL STORY »
- DHM Numbers: Cattle on feed, dairy CPI/PPI forecast
- Commentary: Yogurt redux: Readers react
- Protect yourself; MPP-Dairy is easy, LGM-Dairy may be better deal
- Penn State: Understanding the Farm Bill’s MPP-Dairy
- Calves with Sam: Another note on cross-sucking
- Employee Turnover Affecting Your Operation?