A southwest Kansas dairy is one of eight operations that will give virtual farm tour presentations at the 2010 World Dairy Expo this fall.
The expo runs from Sept. 28 through Oct. 2 in Madison, Wis.
Garden City-based Royal Farms Dairy will give a 30-minute pictorial of its facility at the gathering of dairy operators from around the globe.
It's the first time a Kansas dairy as been selected to give a virtual farm tour at the expo.
The Kansas Department of Commerce says it sponsored Royal Farms' application because of the dairy's resource conservation efforts and community leadership.
Royal Farms employs 62 people, milks 6,200 cows and houses 5,600 heifers.
Copyright 2010 The Associated Press.
SW Kansas Dairy To Present At World Dairy Expo
- Video: Evaluating corn silage processing in the field
- National Mastitis Council Annual Meeting set for Feb. 1-3, 2014
- Tuesday’s CME Dairy Market Recap
- DHM Numbers: CWT export sales; dairy replacement auctions
- Recount upholds Missouri’s ‘Right to Farm’
- Next ‘Protecting Your Profits’ conference call is Sept. 24