A southwest Kansas dairy is one of eight operations that will give virtual farm tour presentations at the 2010 World Dairy Expo this fall.
The expo runs from Sept. 28 through Oct. 2 in Madison, Wis.
Garden City-based Royal Farms Dairy will give a 30-minute pictorial of its facility at the gathering of dairy operators from around the globe.
It's the first time a Kansas dairy as been selected to give a virtual farm tour at the expo.
The Kansas Department of Commerce says it sponsored Royal Farms' application because of the dairy's resource conservation efforts and community leadership.
Royal Farms employs 62 people, milks 6,200 cows and houses 5,600 heifers.
Copyright 2010 The Associated Press.
SW Kansas Dairy To Present At World Dairy Expo
- DHM Numbers: Cattle on feed, dairy CPI/PPI forecast
- Commentary: Yogurt redux: Readers react
- Protect yourself; MPP-Dairy is easy, LGM-Dairy may be better deal
- Penn State: Understanding the Farm Bill’s MPP-Dairy
- Calves with Sam: Another note on cross-sucking
- Employee Turnover Affecting Your Operation?