Several factors play into the choices you make for mastitis treatment, including:
• Individual cow health history
• Somatic cell counts
• Culturing and pathogen identification
• Herd health records
• Mastitis event data
Enhance your milk quality and increase successful treatment outcomes by sticking to the basics — keeping records, culturing and appropriately targeting your mastitis treatment.
This month on www.milkqualityfocus.com — Work smarter, not harder: Targeting mastitis treatment for better outcomes. Visit the site for insight from three veterinarians on ways to make mastitis therapy choices with milk quality in mind.
Targeting Mastitis Treatment For Better Outcomes
- Vance Agribusiness names 2014 40 Under 40 honorees
- 6 questions and answers about rumen development in calves
- Life changes, but fall brings World Dairy Expo
- Last look at New Holland Pavilions before World Dairy Expo
- Dairy calf care: Every delivery is special
- Dairy calf care: When to assist, what to do