Pamela Ruegg of University of Wisconsin outlines the ten smart things dairy farmers need to do to improve and maintain the quality of their farms. These tips provide farmers with advice to improve themselves and their farms. Her down-to-earth information covers everything from forming smart production goals to preparing for a mastitis outbreak.
10 smart things dairy farmers can do to improve production
- DHM Numbers: Cattle on feed, dairy CPI/PPI forecast
- Commentary: Yogurt redux: Readers react
- Protect yourself; MPP-Dairy is easy, LGM-Dairy may be better deal
- Penn State: Understanding the Farm Bill’s MPP-Dairy
- Calves with Sam: Another note on cross-sucking
- Employee Turnover Affecting Your Operation?