Sam Leadley with the Attica, N.Y., Veterinary Associates, looks at research confirming that when you limit milk replacer feeding to roughly 22 to 25 ounces per day (free-choice water and calf starter grain), calves will gain less than 1 pound a day (range was from about 0.8 to 0.9 pounds per day) in the period between birth and 6 weeks of age.
Calves with Sam: If you feed less, the calves gain less
- Annual Minnesota Nutrition Conference scheduled
- Canada’s Agropur co-op acquires Davisco milk processing plants
- Grains dipped Tuesday while the other markets climbed
- Cattle, soybeans climb Tuesday morning
- EPA in hot water over proposed CWA rule
- DHM Southeast: Dairy events in Florida, update on Burdette/Stiles