Sam Leadley with the Attica, N.Y., Veterinary Associates, looks at research confirming that when you limit milk replacer feeding to roughly 22 to 25 ounces per day (free-choice water and calf starter grain), calves will gain less than 1 pound a day (range was from about 0.8 to 0.9 pounds per day) in the period between birth and 6 weeks of age.
Calves with Sam: If you feed less, the calves gain less
- Making recommendations on climate change mitigation
- Vermont Senate passes GMO labeling bill
- Is chocolate milk ban-worthy? Study says ‘no’
- To prevent crime, farmers, deputies use proven tools
- Can ration sorting benefit lactating dairy cattle?
- CME trading outage showed that man can still match the machine