Sam Leadley with the Attica, N.Y., Veterinary Associates, looks at research confirming that when you limit milk replacer feeding to roughly 22 to 25 ounces per day (free-choice water and calf starter grain), calves will gain less than 1 pound a day (range was from about 0.8 to 0.9 pounds per day) in the period between birth and 6 weeks of age.
Calves with Sam: If you feed less, the calves gain less
- Vance Agribusiness names 2014 40 Under 40 honorees
- 6 questions and answers about rumen development in calves
- Life changes, but fall brings World Dairy Expo
- Last look at New Holland Pavilions before World Dairy Expo
- Dairy calf care: Every delivery is special
- Dairy calf care: When to assist, what to do