Sam Leadley with the Attica, N.Y., Veterinary Associates, looks at research confirming that when you limit milk replacer feeding to roughly 22 to 25 ounces per day (free-choice water and calf starter grain), calves will gain less than 1 pound a day (range was from about 0.8 to 0.9 pounds per day) in the period between birth and 6 weeks of age.
Calves with Sam: If you feed less, the calves gain less
- DHM Markets/Marketers: CA Class 1 dips
- WASDE: 2014 dairy, beef price projections raised
- Crop markets quite mixed after WASDE report
- USDA raises corn export forecast by 25 million bushels
- D.C. Watch: Apply for disaster assistance by April 15
- IMI Global acquires Merck Animal Health's verification business