Mastitis costs farmers $200 per cow per year, making it the most expensive dairy cow disease. Farmers can utilize Dairy Herd Improvement tests to monitor somatic cell counts, the most effective way to detect mastitis, in their herds. DHI tests will allow farmers to evaluate the quality of their mastitis control programs, allowing them to reduce mastitis losses.
Dairy Herd Improvement tests help reduce mastitis losses
- DHM Numbers: Cattle on feed, dairy CPI/PPI forecast
- Commentary: Yogurt redux: Readers react
- Protect yourself; MPP-Dairy is easy, LGM-Dairy may be better deal
- Penn State: Understanding the Farm Bill’s MPP-Dairy
- Calves with Sam: Another note on cross-sucking
- Employee Turnover Affecting Your Operation?