Need some help interpreting the results of a forage analysis?
If so, check out the presentation “Understanding the Numbers in Forage Tests,” given by Elysia Berry, agriculture and natural resource educator with Purdue Extension in DeKalb County, Ind., during the 2012 Midwest Women in Ag Conference.
Berry discussed the following points during her presentation:
- Factors that influence hay quality.
- Major contributors to feed value losses in hay.
- Why forage testing is important.
- Steps involved in taking a hay sample.
- What test result abbreviations mean.
The presentation was recently made available online in the proceedings from the conference.
Source: Purdue Women in Agriculture