Learn the answers to several frequently asked questions about mycotoxins in the February issue of the California Dairy Newsletter. The following questions are addressed by Peter Robinson, Cooperative Extension Specialist responsible for dairy cattle nutrition and nutritional management:
- What are mycotoxins?
- Why be concerned about mycotoxins in silage?
- What are the most common mycotoxins?
- Which animals are most susceptible to mycotoxins?
- How do I know if my silage has unsafe levels of mycotoxins?
- What are safe dietary levels of mycotoxins?
- What can I do if I have an unsafe level of a mycotoxin in my silage?
- What can I do if I have unsafe levels of several mycotoxins in my silage?
Source: University of California Cooperative Extension