Nutritional and environmental issues related to providing and maintaining good rumen health will be explored during an upcoming program offered by Penn State Extension.
Topics to be discussed during the "Maintaining Good Rumen Health in High-Producing Cows" program include:
- Forage feeding for high-producing dairy cows.
- Issues related to subacute rumen acidosis.
- Proper feed bunk design and surfaces.
Registration is $25 per person.
The program will be offered at the following locations during February:
- Coolspring Township Building, 852 N. Perry Highway, Mercer, PA.
February 12, 2013
- The Park at Morrison's Cove, 201 S. Walnut St., Martinsburg, PA.
February 14, 2013
- Penn State Extension Office, 181 Franklin Farm Lane, Chambersburg, PA.
February 19, 2013
- Tioga Fairgrounds, 2258 Charleston Road, Wellsboro, PA.
February 21, 2013