Metabolic diseases can directly impact a cow’s health and reproductive system. Cattle that develop metabolic diseases, like milk fever and hypocalcemia, have worse reproductive health and are at a higher risk of contracting uterine disease. To prevent these diseases, a healthy diet is more important than a strong immune system is.
Milk fever and hypocalcemia harm cattle’s reproductive systems
- Vance Agribusiness names 2014 40 Under 40 honorees
- 6 questions and answers about rumen development in calves
- Life changes, but fall brings World Dairy Expo
- Last look at New Holland Pavilions before World Dairy Expo
- Dairy calf care: Every delivery is special
- Dairy calf care: When to assist, what to do