The Iowa State University Extension advises livestock producers to begin evaluating their feed inventories in preparation for this coming year. Variable weather patterns may result in a limited feed supply at harvest, making it necessary that farmers have an early understanding of their needs. The preparation process requires farmers to evaluate feed inventory, feed requirement, and financial position. Read more here.
Possible feed shortages require immediate preparation
- Boggess named U.S. Dairy Forage Research Center director
- DHM Markets/Marketers: Product prices, April margins, dairy CPI
- Grain futures lagged the other ag markets Wednesday
- Inlets essential to tunnel ventilation success
- Soy, cotton futures led the ag markets Wednesday morning
- Ice cream makers scoop up awards for innovative flavors