The Iowa State University Extension advises livestock producers to begin evaluating their feed inventories in preparation for this coming year. Variable weather patterns may result in a limited feed supply at harvest, making it necessary that farmers have an early understanding of their needs. The preparation process requires farmers to evaluate feed inventory, feed requirement, and financial position. Read more here.
Possible feed shortages require immediate preparation
- What to do now in regards to the 2014 Farm Bill
- Dairy markets: Last week in review
- Cropp: September Dairy Situation and Outlook
- Merck Animal Health to market Neogen’s dairy genomic program
- Egyptian buying boosted wheat despite Sunday night crop weakness
- Video: Evaluating corn silage processing in the field