The Iowa State University Extension advises livestock producers to begin evaluating their feed inventories in preparation for this coming year. Variable weather patterns may result in a limited feed supply at harvest, making it necessary that farmers have an early understanding of their needs. The preparation process requires farmers to evaluate feed inventory, feed requirement, and financial position. Read more here.
Possible feed shortages require immediate preparation
- No Farm Bill could mean $38 milk after Jan. 1
- Cyprus debt deal weighs on grain, livestock markets
- Video: Evaluating corn silage processing in the field
- Merck Animal Health to market Neogen’s dairy genomic program
- Cropp: September Dairy Situation and Outlook
- Dairy markets: The beat goes on for butter