Mark Walton, PhD, chief marketing officer for Recombinetics, describes how gene-splicing technology can advance livestock genetics, and how the precautionary principle can stifle innovation in food production.
The precautionary principle
- EPA in hot water over proposed CWA rule
- DHM Southeast: Dairy events in Florida, update on Burdette/Stiles
- Calves with Sam: Read ALL the directions!
- Footrot can be more problematic in wet years
- Drones draw interest to crop scouting and other new farm uses
- DHM Midwest: MN Farm Families of the year, new interns, and golf
- Video: "Show kids got their white pants on"
- Dairy markets: Milk production report sends markets lower
- Dean spin-off of WhiteWave: Silk beating milk one year later
- Rhode Island names Wright's Dairy Farm as Outstanding for 2014
- U.S. June milk production up 1.9 percent
- 'Peak soil' threatens future global food security