There is something for everyone at the 2013 Western Dairy Management Conference, March 6-8, at John Ascuaga's Nugget, Reno, Nev.
Presentations during the conference include:
- Mycoplasma Mastitis: New Trends in an Emerging Disease.
- Euthanasia Techniques in Dairy Cattle.
- Avoiding Residues: More than Meat & Milk.
- Managing Worker Safety, Productivity, & Regulatory Issues.
- Monitoring Negative Energy Balance in Transition Cows for Better Results.
- Don’t be so Lame: Time to Implement Solutions to Those Sore Feet.
- Global Dairy Trends & Implications for the US Dairy Industry.
- Understanding Water Requirements on Dairies.
- Dairy Heifer Development Guidelines.
- Economics of Intensive Heifer Rearing Programs.
- Group Housing & Feeding Systems for Calves: Opportunities & Challenges.
- Managing Heat Stress and its Impact on Cow Behavior.
- Animal Care Certifications: What, Who, & Why.
- Integrating New Techniques for an Improved Reproduction Program.
- A Different Look at Feeding Economics.
- Getting the Most Out of Your Silage Storage.
- Feeding Cows Less Protein to Get More Milk.
- You Control Milk Fat Depression - Don’t Let it Control You!
In addition, there will be four panel discussions, including:
- Innovative Sources of Labor for Dairies.
- How Innovation & Partnerships Grow Global Dairy Sales.
- New Technologies to Improve Dairy Cattle Reproduction.
- Monitoring and Managing Feeding Programs.