You cannot bleach your way to clean
I just had yet another question about the concentration of a chlorine bleach solution to use soaking calf feeding equipment. The assumption is that if the one uses the proper concentration of the active ingredient somehow the tube feeders and bottles will become clean. All the bacteria will be gone. FULL STORY »
Beware of mixing milk replacer with softened water
Mixing milk replacer with softened water can result in dangerously high sodium levels. FULL STORY »
HEALTH WATCH More
INDUSTRY CONNECTION More
MANAGER TO MANAGER More
MARKET MONITOR More
NUTRITION NOTES More
QUESTION OF THE MONTH More
- Poll: What is the primary method you use to help calves manage cold weather?
- Poll: If you raise wet calves, what is your weaning age?
- Poll: How would you classify your relationship with your herd veterinarian?
- Poll: Based on the crop conditions in your area, what do you think of current predictions for the size of the 2013 corn crop?
- Poll: What is your opinion of precision feeding weaned dairy heifers?