Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
Artificial insemination has been around for more than 75 years. Gary Hennip with Penn State Dairy Extension suggests that new technologies may soon be replacing A.I. as the primary means of dairy genetic advancement. FULL STORY »
Springers mostly steady, calves up
Springing heifer prices continue to see stability or healthy growth in three of the four reporting markets this month. Prices softened slightly in Pennsylvania alone. California remained steady while Wisconsin and Texas saw higher prices compared to last month. Nationwide, springer prices as a whole are up about 30% compared to year-ago levels. Holstein heifer calf prices increased nationwide, likely due in part to the seasonal demand for youth project calves. FULL STORY »
More thoughts on the calving pen
Heather Dann with the W.H. Miner Agricultural Research Institute, Chazy, N.Y., discusses research-based methods for making maternity pens more comfortable and cow-friendly. FULL STORY »
HEALTH WATCH More
INDUSTRY CONNECTION More
MANAGER TO MANAGER More
MARKET MONITOR More
NUTRITION NOTES More
QUESTION OF THE MONTH More
- Poll: What is the primary method you use to help calves manage cold weather?
- Poll: If you raise wet calves, what is your weaning age?
- Poll: How would you classify your relationship with your herd veterinarian?
- Poll: Based on the crop conditions in your area, what do you think of current predictions for the size of the 2013 corn crop?
- Poll: What is your opinion of precision feeding weaned dairy heifers?
- U.S. readies for more 'extremely tough' trade talks with Japan
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Vilsack: Farm Bill, budget expand opportunity in rural America
- Crop markets set back from early-Friday highs
- Crop markets surged again Thursday night
- Accelerated Genetics sets Leadership Conference
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Preventing roof collapses from snow on agricultural buildings
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast
LAND O LAKES® Pasteurized Milk Balancer®