Research presented at the American Dairy Science Association meeting indicates that applying sodium bisulfate, which is an acidifier, to a calf’s bedding could reduce the larvae population and fly population in calf pens. Click here to access abstract No. 567 from the American Dairy Science Association meeting.
Acidify calf bedding to cut fly population
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- Minnesota's largest dairy shows calf facility
- Video: Milk's journey - 48 hours in 48 seconds
- Video: "Show kids got their white pants on"
- U.S dairy cow numbers up, but replacement heifer numbers lower
- Foremost Farms, Michigan Milk announce strategic alliance