Heifer health is important to prevent disease, which can slow growth and delay pregnancies. Proper vaccination and treatment of disease can ensure healthy calves that are ready to join the milking string on time. Keeping heifers healthy can also lower death losses, so fewer replacements must be purchased to offset cull rates. Consult your veterinarian to discuss proper heifer vaccination programs.
- Dairy Focus: Meeting set on dairy portion of farm bill
- Ag markets proved quite mixed again Friday morning
- Missouri dairy farmers urge legislation veto
- Bread and butter: Investors pile into Australia's dairy sector
- EU provides aid to dairy sector after Russian ban
- BQA certification — offer Sept. 1 through Oct. 31