Heifer health is important to prevent disease, which can slow growth and delay pregnancies. Proper vaccination and treatment of disease can ensure healthy calves that are ready to join the milking string on time. Keeping heifers healthy can also lower death losses, so fewer replacements must be purchased to offset cull rates. Consult your veterinarian to discuss proper heifer vaccination programs.
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast
- California February 4a/4b prices new record highs
ReaShure® Precision Release Choline