Heifer health is important to prevent disease, which can slow growth and delay pregnancies. Proper vaccination and treatment of disease can ensure healthy calves that are ready to join the milking string on time. Keeping heifers healthy can also lower death losses, so fewer replacements must be purchased to offset cull rates. Consult your veterinarian to discuss proper heifer vaccination programs.
No matching related articles at this time.
- Stopgap farm bill passes House, extends current law to January
- FDA plans to phase out some antibiotic use on farms
- Livestock futures outperformed grain, soy markets Thursday
- Serious agriculture points from a comedian
- Top negotiators say U.S. farm bill delayed to January
- Calves with Sam: The most common mistake in mixing milk replacer