Heifer health is important to prevent disease, which can slow growth and delay pregnancies. Proper vaccination and treatment of disease can ensure healthy calves that are ready to join the milking string on time. Keeping heifers healthy can also lower death losses, so fewer replacements must be purchased to offset cull rates. Consult your veterinarian to discuss proper heifer vaccination programs.
- Food Babe visits my university
- WTO again sides with Canada, Mexico on US COOL law
- VIDEO: Maddox family's "one cow" philosophy changed industry
- Kansas City Royals named after livestock show, not royalty
- 24 robots will soon be operating under one roof in New Zealand
- Wash. judge rules non-competes “unenforceable” for A.I. techs