A national review of 362,512 heifers by USDA researchers shows that Holstein heifers have a 57 percent average conception rate. The researchers also confirmed that heifer age is a critical factor in getting heifers bred. They say conception rates are maximized in heifers between 15 and 16 months old. For more details, go to www.dairyherd.com.
Heifer age key to conception rate
No matching related articles at this time.
- Calif. dairy steals the show on ‘Undercover Boss’
- Fleeing suspect falls face-first in cow manure
- Slow music boosts milk production
- Precision dairy technologies galore: What to do?
- Another study shows that carbohydrate, not fat, is the culprit
- College Aggies Online Program scholarship winner announced