A national review of 362,512 heifers by USDA researchers shows that Holstein heifers have a 57 percent average conception rate. The researchers also confirmed that heifer age is a critical factor in getting heifers bred. They say conception rates are maximized in heifers between 15 and 16 months old. For more details, go to www.dairyherd.com.
- Most crop futures are starting Thursday on a strong note
- Dairy markets: A mid-week pop to the upside
- As debate rages, GMO labeling votes loom in Oregon, Colorado
- Businesses urge Obama to fast-track Asian trade deal
- Wednesday's CME Dairy Market Recap
- NMPF adds Bongards-MN, Mount Joy-PA, Cortland & Oneida-Madison-NY