Apply for annual DCHA scholarship
DCHA members recognize that the dairy industry will benefit by ensuring that ag students have the chance to excel. The association strongly supports the industry's future through its annual scholarship program.
This week's tip highlights the opportunity DCHA offers to one of its members, member's son, daughter or legal dependent - a $1,000 scholarship. DCHA members or children of DCHA members who are attending college in an agricultural major may apply for the scholarship.
The organization awards one $1,000 scholarship annually. Candidates must be currently enrolled in agriculture or a related field such as food science, horticulture, animal/veterinary science, agricultural technical course, etc., or in a course of study with relevance to agriculture at an accredited college or university, and have completed at least one year of post-high school education at the time of application.
The 2013 DCHA scholarship will be presented to the winner at the Annual Meeting, April 5, during the Dairy Calf & Heifer Conference in Lancaster, PA.
For an application and additional information, visit the DCHA website. Applications must be postmarked or submitted via e-mail no later than Feb. 15, 2013.
If you have questions about the application process, email DCHA or call the DCHA office at (636) 449-5077.
No matching related articles at this time.
- Wheat proved an exception to general ag market strength Wednesday
- Purdue Extension to host Farming Together workshop
- Wis. barn fire kills at least 50 animals
- Fleeing suspect falls face-first in cow manure
- Increasing cropping frequency may boost food supply
- Ag markets moved generally higher on Wednesday morning
- Calif. dairy steals the show on ‘Undercover Boss’
- Slow music boosts milk production
- Precision dairy technologies galore: What to do?
- Another study shows that carbohydrate, not fat, is the culprit
- Dairy economists offer farm bill dairy safety net alternative
- College Aggies Online Program scholarship winner announced