Employee turnover on dairy farms and what it’s costing producers
Dairy farm owners and managers know intuitively that employee turnover is expensive. But how expensive is it? What are the major causes and what can you as an owner or manager do to combat it? FULL STORY »
New reproduction program cost calculator
An online worksheet from the PRO-DAIRY team at Cornell University can help you determine the costs associated with getting dairy animals checked pregnant. FULL STORY »
Control external parasites to maintain cow comfort
Improving herd comfort can add to the bottom line. Follow these steps when developing a whole-herd external-parasite control program. FULL STORY »
Blood pregnancy tests shown to be useful
Research comparing new, commercially available blood pregnancy tests to transrectal palpation proves them to be accurate and reliable, but the tests must be used carefully. FULL STORY »
Herd data key to managing dairy replacement heifers
Understanding your herd’s unique heifer needs and availability, based on key herd metrics, can give you insight into potential limitations or excess availability of heifers. FULL STORY »
- Will tornado alley come alive this weekend?
- Ag markets proved rather volatile again Thursday
- DHM Markets/Marketers: Cow culling lags; Pennsylvania heifers
- Farm Bureau fights EPA, tells members to ‘ditch the rule’
- How are you using incentive programs on your farm?
- Food waste-to-energy converter introduced at UC Davis