Control external parasites to maintain cow comfort
Improving herd comfort can add to the bottom line. Follow these steps when developing a whole-herd external-parasite control program. FULL STORY »
Blood pregnancy tests shown to be useful
Research comparing new, commercially available blood pregnancy tests to transrectal palpation proves them to be accurate and reliable, but the tests must be used carefully. FULL STORY »
Herd data key to managing dairy replacement heifers
Understanding your herd’s unique heifer needs and availability, based on key herd metrics, can give you insight into potential limitations or excess availability of heifers. FULL STORY »
Did that calf get enough good quality colostrum?
Whether raising, buying or selling calves, producers should be concerned about the calf’s immune status, by knowing if they’re getting enough good quality colostrum. FULL STORY »
2012 harvest concerns? Call the mycotoxin hotline
As livestock producers begin to examine this year’s harvest, many feed quality questions are coming up. Is this mold? Should I be worried about aflatoxins, DON or other toxins? A toll-free hotline is available and ready to discuss mycotoxin concerns on this year’s harvest. FULL STORY »
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast
- California February 4a/4b prices new record highs
Diamond V Original XPC