What’s ahead for the U.S. dairy industry?
Where is the U.S. dairy industry headed in the near-term future? University of Missouri economist Scott Brown shared his thoughts on the future at the recent 2012 Southern Dairy Conference. FULL STORY »
Are you ready for the cameras?
New York dairy farms have been able to mitigate media coverage related to undercover videos taken by animal-rights activists as a result of their sincere and open-door responses. Find out how they did it. FULL STORY »
Breeding heifers by size can impact profit potential
Accelerated growth programs are producing growthier heifers at a younger age. But if those heifers are not bred in a timely fashion, the investment in accelerated growth can be lost. FULL STORY »
Baby it’s getting hot outside!
Don’t forget to monitor calf health and growth this summer. As temperatures start to climb and cause you to perspire – don’t forget that calves are also feeling the heat. FULL STORY »
- Undercover dairy video leads to animal abuse allegations
- Research shows consumer demand for transparency on food
- Ag producers should do income tax planning before year-end
- Greenhouse gas: Another reason to connect with consumers
- Will Santa bring a farm bill this Christmas?
- Renewable fuel backers try to change EPA's mind