Manage newborn calves for productivity
The first few weeks of a calf's life are pivotal to its productivity. With proper management, you can minimize stressors and pitfalls that jeopardize the health and productivity of your calves. FULL STORY »
Clean calf hutches: More than a spring-cleaning project
Many calf raisers are in spring-cleaning mode, but keeping calf hutches clean should be a year-round priority. Here are some tips for cleaning and sanitizing them. FULL STORY »
Cleanliness, consistency, commitment are keys to healthy calves
The calf program at this dairy in southeast Wisconsin embraces these three factors for success. Take a virtual tour to learn how they do it. FULL STORY »
Detecting and preventing drug-resistant parasites
Today’s anti-parasitic drugs generally remain effective against cattle parasites in the United States, but occurrence of resistant parasites in other countries and in other livestock species, and signs of emergence of resistant populations here, create a need for prevention measures. A new report from the FDA’s Center for Veterinary Medicine provides tips for preventing and detecting such resistance. FULL STORY »
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast
- California February 4a/4b prices new record highs
AfiMilk MPC – Ultimate Milking Control solution