Critical hours of calving management
How we assist calving cows and their newborn calves can dramatically affect the calf survival outcome. Here’s what the latest research says about what we should do to help. FULL STORY »
Hayfield renovations: Some things to consider
Is it economically viable to thicken up an old alfalfa stand with more alfalfa seed? Here is some advice to consider before implementing a hayfield or pasture renovation. FULL STORY »
Colostrum supplements and replacers: What is the difference?
Research indicates that passive immunity is often inadequate due to low concentration of colostral immunoglobulins, insufficient methods of feeding colostrum, and low absorption of immunoglobulins by the calf. FULL STORY »
Improve the weaning transition period
Weaning is a critical transition period for young dairy calves. Creating nutritionally and socially stable plans for calves as they transition through the weaning period is essential. FULL STORY »
Tip of the Week looks at hypothermia
Spring may be here, at least by the calendar, but cold temperatures are still a threat to newborn calves. The Dairy Calf & Heifer Association has compiled some advice for detecting and dealing with hypothermia in newborn calves. FULL STORY »
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Preventing roof collapses from snow on agricultural buildings
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast
AfiMilk MPC – Ultimate Milking Control solution