Tips for better team meetings
There are a number of factors that can make or break the effectiveness of the meeting. Here are some do’s and don'ts to improve the quality of meetings held on your farm. FULL STORY »
Spanish edition of California Dairy Newsletter available
The annual Spanish edition of a dairy newsletter from the University of California Cooperative Extension is now online. It contains five production-management articles that have been translated into Spanish. FULL STORY »
Agvocacy takes the farm to the consumer
The Dairy Calf and Heifer Association shares how two proactive dairy producers are embracing social media to share the farmer’s side of the food production story with the public. FULL STORY »
5 steps to improved heifer reproduction
It is often thought that heifer reproduction outperforms that of the lactating herd, but this is not the case on most farms. Here are some tips to improve heifer reproductive performance on your operation. FULL STORY »
Is communication the weakest link on your calf operation?
Before assessing whether communication is the root of calf-management challenges on your operation, here are a few questions you may want to consider. FULL STORY »
Know when to assist with calving
Calving time can be stressful for both the dairy cow and the herdsperson. Here is some advice to help you determine when assistance should be given during calving. FULL STORY »
- Crop markets surged again Thursday night
- Accelerated Genetics sets Leadership Conference
- Yogurt nominated as New York’s ‘state snack’
- 6 of California’s Top 10 counties saw 2013 milk output declines
- USDA amends Appalachian, Southeast and Florida federal orders
- Legislation would block EPA from releasing producer information
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Preventing roof collapses from snow on agricultural buildings
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast