Management and nutrition of calves is an important investment in the future productivity of a dairy herd. Automated feeders can be a useful tool in a successful calf-raising program, allowing calves to grow to their full potential while taking advantage of the benefits of group housing, say Miriam Weber Nielsen and Mike VandeHaar, Michigan State University. However, excellent calf management is required to benefit from the use of group feeding and housing.
- Vance Agribusiness names 2014 40 Under 40 honorees
- 6 questions and answers about rumen development in calves
- Dairy calf care: Every delivery is special
- Dairy calf care: When to assist, what to do
- Dairy calf care: Get a handle on dystocia data
- Last look at New Holland Pavilions before World Dairy Expo