Management and nutrition of calves is an important investment in the future productivity of a dairy herd. Automated feeders can be a useful tool in a successful calf-raising program, allowing calves to grow to their full potential while taking advantage of the benefits of group housing, say Miriam Weber Nielsen and Mike VandeHaar, Michigan State University. However, excellent calf management is required to benefit from the use of group feeding and housing.
- Boggess named U.S. Dairy Forage Research Center director
- DHM Markets/Marketers: Product prices, April margins, dairy CPI
- Grain futures lagged the other ag markets Wednesday
- Inlets essential to tunnel ventilation success
- Soy, cotton futures led the ag markets Wednesday morning
- Ice cream makers scoop up awards for innovative flavors