A look at once-a-day calf feeding
Feeding dairy calves once a day in a group-feeding system is very popular in some parts of the world. Here is a look at the advantages, challenges and tips for making it work in group-feeding systems. FULL STORY »
Tips for controlling heifer feed costs
The dual objectives of raising quality dairy replacement heifers and keeping costs as low as possible sometimes can be at odds with one another. University of Wisconsin researcher Pat Hoffman offers tips on how to achieve excellent heifer nutrition while keeping costs in check. FULL STORY »
Optimize heifer growth with proper nutrition
Every month that calving is delayed beyond target goals represents a significant cost per animal because of lost production and fewer days of productive life. FULL STORY »
Dairy Focus: Is the cost of feeding frequency worth it?
Given the waning days of winter, one may conclude that dairy calves are beyond the added nutritional requirements of cold-weather feeding. FULL STORY »
- DHM Numbers: Cattle on feed, dairy CPI/PPI forecast
- Commentary: Yogurt redux: Readers react
- Protect yourself; MPP-Dairy is easy, LGM-Dairy may be better deal
- Penn State: Understanding the Farm Bill’s MPP-Dairy
- Calves with Sam: Another note on cross-sucking
- Employee Turnover Affecting Your Operation?