Calves do better on texturized starter than pelleted starter — even when it was supplemented with intake-enhancing ingredients. During a 42-day pre-weaning period, calves fed texturized starter had higher average daily gains and better feed efficiency than calves fed pelleted starter or the same pelleted starter enhanced with chocolate, whey or a commercial sweet flavoring. For more details, go to: www.dairyherd.com.
Study compares forms of calf starter
No matching related articles at this time.
- Calif. dairy steals the show on ‘Undercover Boss’
- Fleeing suspect falls face-first in cow manure
- Slow music boosts milk production
- Precision dairy technologies galore: What to do?
- Another study shows that carbohydrate, not fat, is the culprit
- College Aggies Online Program scholarship winner announced