Calves do better on texturized starter than pelleted starter — even when it was supplemented with intake-enhancing ingredients. During a 42-day pre-weaning period, calves fed texturized starter had higher average daily gains and better feed efficiency than calves fed pelleted starter or the same pelleted starter enhanced with chocolate, whey or a commercial sweet flavoring. For more details, go to: www.dairyherd.com.
Study compares forms of calf starter
- Making recommendations on climate change mitigation
- Vermont Senate passes GMO labeling bill
- Is chocolate milk ban-worthy? Study says ‘no’
- To prevent crime, farmers, deputies use proven tools
- Can ration sorting benefit lactating dairy cattle?
- CME trading outage showed that man can still match the machine