Calves do better on texturized starter than pelleted starter — even when it was supplemented with intake-enhancing ingredients. During a 42-day pre-weaning period, calves fed texturized starter had higher average daily gains and better feed efficiency than calves fed pelleted starter or the same pelleted starter enhanced with chocolate, whey or a commercial sweet flavoring. For more details, go to: www.dairyherd.com.
- Ag markets diverged Tuesday morning
- U.S. dairy groups oppose Canadian cheese market access restrictio
- Dairy markets: Last week in review
- Crop markets are mixed to higher at the start of the trading week
- Farmers descend on Alltech's Global event in Normandy, France
- Work happiness factors ranked in new survey