Calves do better on texturized starter than pelleted starter — even when it was supplemented with intake-enhancing ingredients. During a 42-day pre-weaning period, calves fed texturized starter had higher average daily gains and better feed efficiency than calves fed pelleted starter or the same pelleted starter enhanced with chocolate, whey or a commercial sweet flavoring. For more details, go to: www.dairyherd.com.
Study compares forms of calf starter
- Annual Minnesota Nutrition Conference scheduled
- Canada’s Agropur co-op acquires Davisco milk processing plants
- Grains dipped Tuesday while the other markets climbed
- Cattle, soybeans climb Tuesday morning
- EPA in hot water over proposed CWA rule
- DHM Southeast: Dairy events in Florida, update on Burdette/Stiles
- Video: "Show kids got their white pants on"
- Dairy markets: Milk production report sends markets lower
- Dean spin-off of WhiteWave: Silk beating milk one year later
- Michigan honors Continental Dairy Facilities for exports
- Rhode Island names Wright's Dairy Farm as Outstanding for 2014
- U.S. June milk production up 1.9 percent