Calves do better on texturized starter than pelleted starter — even when it was supplemented with intake-enhancing ingredients. During a 42-day pre-weaning period, calves fed texturized starter had higher average daily gains and better feed efficiency than calves fed pelleted starter or the same pelleted starter enhanced with chocolate, whey or a commercial sweet flavoring. For more details, go to: www.dairyherd.com.
- What to do now in regards to the 2014 Farm Bill
- Cropp: September Dairy Situation and Outlook
- Merck Animal Health to market Neogen’s dairy genomic program
- Cyprus debt deal weighs on grain, livestock markets
- Video: Evaluating corn silage processing in the field
- No Farm Bill could mean $38 milk after Jan. 1