The price of milk replacer has gone up recently and that may have you looking at milk replacers with alternative protein sources. Formulations that include non-milk proteins may cost less, but they also can reduce gain. To see research that compares milk replacers with wheat protein or soy protein concentrate to all-milk protein, go to: www.dairyherd.com.
- Alltech opens lab at Nestlé's China Dairy Farming Institute
- DHM Numbers: Cattle on feed, dairy CPI/PPI forecast
- Commentary: Yogurt redux: Readers react
- Protect yourself; MPP-Dairy is easy, LGM-Dairy may be better deal
- Penn State: Understanding the Farm Bill’s MPP-Dairy
- Calves with Sam: Another note on cross-sucking