Some people believe that timed AI programs don't work very well in heifers, says Carlos Risco, of the College of Veterinary Medicine at the University of Florida. However, research conducted in Florida and Wisconsin shows that when you use visual heat detection with OvSynch or a modified OvSynch program, pregnancy rate improves compared to breeding on detected heat alone. For more details, go to: www.dairyherd.com.
Timed AI can work in heifers
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast
- California February 4a/4b prices new record highs