Some people believe that timed AI programs don't work very well in heifers, says Carlos Risco, of the College of Veterinary Medicine at the University of Florida. However, research conducted in Florida and Wisconsin shows that when you use visual heat detection with OvSynch or a modified OvSynch program, pregnancy rate improves compared to breeding on detected heat alone. For more details, go to: www.dairyherd.com.
- BVD: Exploring eradication
- Dairy markets: 2015 Class III futures get a small boost
- Ag markets proved generally mixed Monday night
- Baise: Judge dismisses Calif. egg law case but not all is lost
- WTO again sides with Canada, Mexico on US COOL law
- Kansas City Royals named after livestock show, not royalty