Some people believe that timed AI programs don't work very well in heifers, says Carlos Risco, of the College of Veterinary Medicine at the University of Florida. However, research conducted in Florida and Wisconsin shows that when you use visual heat detection with OvSynch or a modified OvSynch program, pregnancy rate improves compared to breeding on detected heat alone. For more details, go to: www.dairyherd.com.
- Vance Agribusiness names 2014 40 Under 40 honorees
- 6 questions and answers about rumen development in calves
- Life changes, but fall brings World Dairy Expo
- Last look at New Holland Pavilions before World Dairy Expo
- Dairy calf care: Every delivery is special
- Dairy calf care: When to assist, what to do