Some people believe that timed AI programs don't work very well in heifers, says Carlos Risco, of the College of Veterinary Medicine at the University of Florida. However, research conducted in Florida and Wisconsin shows that when you use visual heat detection with OvSynch or a modified OvSynch program, pregnancy rate improves compared to breeding on detected heat alone. For more details, go to: www.dairyherd.com.
- One Nebraska farmer takes ALS ice bucket challenge to extreme
- Dairying in a warzone
- BQA certification — offer Sept. 1 through Oct. 31
- 72-stall robotic rotary breaks ground in Wisconsin
- Vandenheuvel: Time to act on California federal order
- Using Activity Monitors to Predict Ovulation & Get Cows Pregnant