Some people believe that timed AI programs don't work very well in heifers, says Carlos Risco, of the College of Veterinary Medicine at the University of Florida. However, research conducted in Florida and Wisconsin shows that when you use visual heat detection with OvSynch or a modified OvSynch program, pregnancy rate improves compared to breeding on detected heat alone. For more details, go to: www.dairyherd.com.
- First sights of World Dairy Expo 2014
- Slideshow: World Dairy Expo opens to big crowd
- 2014 Dairy Herd Management Innovation Awards announced
- Early Wednesday World Dairy Expo photographs
- Select Sires offers new ear-tag based herd management system
- U.S. dairy decries EU-Canada trade agreement market barriers