Managing through a recession: Options for farm operators
After several years of favorable hay prices and generous margins, forage producers are facing a 2009 that looks less than rosy. FULL STORY »
A 'toolbox' for those facing foreclosure
With millions of homeowners owing more on their homes than they are worth — and nearly two million homes actually foreclosed in the first half of the year — a new industry has sprung up – mortgage modification help. FULL STORY »
Managing through difficult times
The past 25 years — with low commodity prices, rapidly escalating farm expenses, shifting global markets, and extreme climatic problems including drought, floods, cold springs, hot summers — have been challenging for Wisconsin farmers. FULL STORY »
Help available for stressed Pa. dairy farmers
Dairy farmers are facing overwhelming odds, especially in these months of low milk prices, the tumbling economy and the regulations they face in trying to feed the world. FULL STORY »
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast
- California February 4a/4b prices new record highs