Does farming in 2009 have you feeling backed into a corner?
The Minnesota Farmer Assistance Network might be of help to your business and to you. FULL STORY »
Family harmony vs. family conflicts
When family members work together in a multi-generation dairy farm, some families are surrounded by harmony while other families seem to struggle from trying to resolve one conflict after another. FULL STORY »
Organize your dairy for success
Dairies often undergo significant organizational change. For example, the dairy may expand or diversify, add or remove a major section or practice, such as calf- and heifer-raising, or it may change the very nature by which it operates by becoming more vertically integrated in the food chain. FULL STORY »
Now is not the time for team cuts
Through this horrible downturn, we’ve all figured out which “extra” services we can cut — an employee here, a feed additive there. Maybe you’ve changed your barn chemicals or teat dip to a less-expensive brand or trimmed the price you’re willing to pay for semen or bulls. FULL STORY »
- Making recommendations on climate change mitigation
- Vermont Senate passes GMO labeling bill
- Is chocolate milk ban-worthy? Study says ‘no’
- To prevent crime, farmers, deputies use proven tools
- Can ration sorting benefit lactating dairy cattle?
- CME trading outage showed that man can still match the machine