Animal care and well-being: perceptions and reality
Recent concerns about food quality and food safety, and environmental impact, have increased the need to ensure the public that animal agriculture is meeting the accepted standards for food safety, environmental stewardship and animal care. FULL STORY »
The power of 10
I found the book “10-10-10” when looking for employee-motivational materials. Conceived and written by Suzy Welch, this concept provides a framework in which nearly all decisions can be structured. FULL STORY »
Don’t confuse discipline with performance issues
Those of you who manage people have undoubtedly had situations where someone is not performing up to expectations. And, you probably have some rules in place to handle situations that are more clear-cut disciplinary. FULL STORY »
- Will tornado alley come alive this weekend?
- Ag markets proved rather volatile again Thursday
- DHM Markets/Marketers: Cow culling lags; Pennsylvania heifers
- Farm Bureau fights EPA, tells members to ‘ditch the rule’
- How are you using incentive programs on your farm?
- Food waste-to-energy converter introduced at UC Davis