Dairy Management: Winter Storm Preparation
We’ve yet to have a major winter storm hit the central plains region. But history tells us that, at one point or the other, a heavy snow or blizzard will come along this winter. Dairy producers would do well to put a contingency plan in place, according to K-State dairy specialist Mike Brouk. He offers several things to think through, in anticipation of a big storm.
- AFBF president issues statement on U.S.-EU trade negotiations
- Buckle your seatbelt for the House consideration of the farm bill
- Study: Federal milk marketing order helps Calif. producers
- Ag markets were generally mixed overnight trading
- Winterkill losses put pressure on forage supplies
- Weather report: Cool and rainy in the Plains