Dairy Management: Winter Storm Preparation
We’ve yet to have a major winter storm hit the central plains region. But history tells us that, at one point or the other, a heavy snow or blizzard will come along this winter. Dairy producers would do well to put a contingency plan in place, according to K-State dairy specialist Mike Brouk. He offers several things to think through, in anticipation of a big storm.
- Another strike against California’s $68B bullet train?
- What caused major change in rail shipments for grain?
- Late soy strength did little to boost the other ag markets Friday
- Calves with Sam: Goals for bacteria in pasteurized milk
- Vilsack: Supporting innovation for stronger rural communities
- More farmers to see start of time-of-use rates
- Undercover dairy video leads to animal abuse allegations
- Research shows consumer demand for transparency on food
- Stopgap farm bill passes House, extends current law to January
- Ag producers should do income tax planning before year-end
- Raw milk report just ‘tip of the iceberg’
- Greenhouse gas: Another reason to connect with consumers