We’ve yet to have a major winter storm hit the central plains region. But history tells us that, at one point or the other, a heavy snow or blizzard will come along this winter. Dairy producers would do well to put a contingency plan in place, according to K-State dairy specialist Mike Brouk. He offers several things to think through, in anticipation of a big storm.
Dairy Management: Winter Storm Preparation
- One Nebraska farmer takes ALS ice bucket challenge to extreme
- Dairying in a warzone
- BQA certification — offer Sept. 1 through Oct. 31
- 72-stall robotic rotary breaks ground in Wisconsin
- Using Activity Monitors to Predict Ovulation & Get Cows Pregnant
- Vandenheuvel: Time to act on California federal order