Safe handling of anhydrous ammonia
Although agriculture has used anhydrous ammonia for fertilizer for many years, the farming community can easily forget how this chemical should be handled with care and caution. FULL STORY »
BMR dwarf forage sorghum: What's the buzz?
While there appears to be justification for BMR dwarf forage sorghum use in dairy forage systems, remember to consider it as part of an overall forage management strategy. FULL STORY »
ABC's of fiber digestibility explained
The fiber component of a forage analysis is important to understand. Here is a look at measures of fiber digestibility and why they are important when formulating dairy diets. FULL STORY »
Go online for anhydrous ammonia safety training
The Illinois Department of Agriculture and three Illinois agricultural organizations have partnered to develop a web-based anhydrous ammonia training program for farmers. FULL STORY »
Cornell PRO-DAIRY Herd Health and Nutrition Conference
The 2013 Herd Health and Nutrition Conference, presented by PRO-DAIRY and the Northeast Ag and Feed Alliance, will be held April 10 in East Syracuse, N.Y, and April 12 in West Lebanon, N.H. FULL STORY »
- 72-stall robotic rotary breaks ground in Wisconsin
- Commentary: The worst meat to eat
- 2015 milk prices now looking more like 2013, 2011
- Minn. farm wins court case, power companies to buy 138 acres
- Drones on the farm: What are the laws?
- Jersey Island chooses direction 6 years after 250-year import ban