Successful nutrient management begins with soil sampling
Soil analysis and fertilizer recommendations are only as good as the samples you submit. FULL STORY »
Remain aware of the potential for herbicide carryover in 2013
Dry soil conditions, similar to those experienced during the 2012 growing season, often slow the rate of herbicide degradation and increase the potential for damage to rotational crops from herbicide carryover. FULL STORY »
Precision feeding conference
The Penn State Extension Dairy Team is offering a one-day conference on May 9 to help producers examine current topics related to the precision feeding of dairy cattle. FULL STORY »
Hayfield renovations: Some things to consider
Is it economically viable to thicken up an old alfalfa stand with more alfalfa seed? Here is some advice to consider before implementing a hayfield or pasture renovation. FULL STORY »
Safe handling of anhydrous ammonia
Although agriculture has used anhydrous ammonia for fertilizer for many years, the farming community can easily forget how this chemical should be handled with care and caution. FULL STORY »
- Yogurt nominated as New York’s ‘state snack’
- 6 of California’s Top 10 counties saw 2013 milk output declines
- USDA amends Appalachian, Southeast and Florida federal orders
- Legislation would block EPA from releasing producer information
- USDA: Livestock producers urged to keep good disaster records
- DHM Markets/Marketers: PA IOFC a record high
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- DHM Markets/Marketers: Fluid sales, cost of production, Chobani
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Preventing roof collapses from snow on agricultural buildings
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
H.J. Baker & Bro., Inc.