How often should you sample feedstuffs?
Forage sampling and analysis are the backbone of dairy nutrition and ration formulation. These tools have also become an integral part of forage contracting, pricing and inventory control programs used by dairy farmers and their consultants. As a result, traditional forage sampling and analysis guidelines may not always be adequate. FULL STORY »
Management strategies for high moisture corn when molds are present
Once you have identified and quantified the mold present, contacted your crop insurance agent to discuss potential alternatives for the crop, and the decision has been made that you will proceed to harvest and feed the crop as high moisture corn apply the following strategies. FULL STORY »
- Trillions of gallons of water lost in Calif. drought
- 2014 dairy cow culling slips 200,000 behind last year
- Nestlé adopts new animal welfare standards
- Organic/conventional quite indifferent in cow health, milk
- Crop futures mostly higher, livestock prices stabilizing
- Dairy markets: Today's milk already sold
- 72-stall robotic rotary breaks ground in Wisconsin
- Commentary: The worst meat to eat
- 2015 milk prices now looking more like 2013, 2011
- Minn. farm wins court case, power companies to buy 138 acres
- Drones on the farm: What are the laws?
- Jersey Island chooses direction 6 years after 250-year import ban