Ration tweaks can reduce manure output
Can feeding strategies reduce manure production while maintaining animal performance and health? The answer is "yes" for both growing heifers and lactating cows. FULL STORY »
Study examines precision ration monitoring
Researchers recently used a new precision feeding technology to adjust ration dry matter during mixing. Learn how it compared to dry matter determined by standard oven drying. FULL STORY »
Got questions about mycotoxins?
Why be concerned about mycotoxins in silage? An extension specialist with the University of California answers this and several other frequently asked questions. FULL STORY »
Get your rations ready for heat stress
Next Monday's eXtension webinar, "Nutrition Programs for the Heat Stressed Herd," can help you make diet changes to reduce the severity of heat stress. FULL STORY »
AgriLife Extension schedules hay workshop
After a year of drought, East Texas hay stocks remain low, making production efficiency ever more important, said a Texas AgriLife Extension Service expert. FULL STORY »
- Calif. dairy steals the show on ‘Undercover Boss’
- Fleeing suspect falls face-first in cow manure
- Slow music boosts milk production
- Precision dairy technologies galore: What to do?
- Another study shows that carbohydrate, not fat, is the culprit
- College Aggies Online Program scholarship winner announced