Evaluate ensiling techniques before harvest starts
Understanding the ensiling process can help you reach your silage feeding goals. FULL STORY »
Hay moisture levels
How do you estimate hay moisture levels in the field? Veteran hay raisers have their own tricks which may involve twisting a handful or kicking the windrow to see if it “rattles.” FULL STORY »
High feed prices: Ensile properly
A new video on the proper construction of a corn silage drive over pile has been released by Lallemand Animal Nutrition, the makers of Biotal Forage Inoculants. FULL STORY »
High moisture corn and corn silage are different in summer than in the fall and winter
The high moisture corn and corn silage fed today was made nine or 10 months ago, and they are not the same feedstuffs as they were last winter, says Bill Weiss, Ohio State University dairy nutrition extension specialist. “If high moisture corn and corn silage are properly made and well-preserved, the concentrations of the major chemically-defined nutrients such as crude protein (CP), neutral detergent fiber (NDF), and starch probably changed very little during the last nine months of storage,” he says. FULL STORY »
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast
- California February 4a/4b prices new record highs
LEVUCELL® SC ADVANTAGE
Lallemand Animal Nutrition