FDA approves new estrous-synchronization product
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has approved the first GnRH drug labeled for use in combination with another drug for synchronizing estrous cycles in lactating dairy and beef cattle. FULL STORY »
Study suggests dairy herd water quality linked to milk production
A recently completed study of water supplies on Pennsylvania dairy farms found that about a quarter of those tested had at least one water-quality issue. And average milk production for these farms was about 10 percent lower than farms with good water quality. FULL STORY »
Can you guess your cow's NEFAs?
Success in the transition period is a good indicator of whole farm management. Over the past five years my research group at the University of Minnesota has been studying what we call "Adaptive Nutrition." FULL STORY »
Dairy Nutrition and Management Short-course set for June 3-6
The Dairy Nutrition and Management Short-course is designed to expose nutritionists, allied industry professionals, and veterinarians to the latest research and its application within dairy nutrition and management. FULL STORY »
- DHM Numbers: Cattle on feed, dairy CPI/PPI forecast
- Commentary: Yogurt redux: Readers react
- Protect yourself; MPP-Dairy is easy, LGM-Dairy may be better deal
- Penn State: Understanding the Farm Bill’s MPP-Dairy
- Calves with Sam: Another note on cross-sucking
- Employee Turnover Affecting Your Operation?