Workshop offers help for planning and remodeling transition barns
Planning to build or remodel a barn for your transition cows? Then check out The Dairyland Initiative's “Transition Cow Facility Planning & Remodeling Dairy Barns” workshop on Nov. 1-2. FULL STORY »
NMC Award of Excellence
Applications are now being accepted for the National Mastitis Council Award of Excellence for Contribution to Mastitis Prevention and Control, sponsored by Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica Inc. FULL STORY »
What housing types suit your needs?
The integration of housing type and style with milking and animal handling is critical in developing an efficient dairy system plan. Learn more during an upcoming webinar from Penn State Extension. FULL STORY »
Has your decision-making process become reactive?
It's the decisions made during times of uncertainty that can have the biggest financial impact on an operation's bottom line. Use these tips to evaluate how you’re making decisions when it comes to adding or cutting a technology or product. FULL STORY »
- Yogurt nominated as New York’s ‘state snack’
- 6 of California’s Top 10 counties saw 2013 milk output declines
- USDA amends Appalachian, Southeast and Florida federal orders
- Legislation would block EPA from releasing producer information
- USDA: Livestock producers urged to keep good disaster records
- DHM Markets/Marketers: PA IOFC a record high
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- DHM Markets/Marketers: Fluid sales, cost of production, Chobani
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Preventing roof collapses from snow on agricultural buildings
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"