Your guide to proper milk sampling and using the CMT
The latest installment in a University of Wisconsin udder-health series is a good refresher on proper milk-sampling techniques and using the California Mastitis Test. Consider adding it to your milker training handbook. FULL STORY »
Rumination technology benefits transition cow health
Tracking rumination daily helps identify cows that need attention before visual observations can detect health challenges. FULL STORY »
A look at compost bedded-pack systems
Four Ohio dairy farms using compost bedded-pack systems were studied by Ohio State University researchers to assess barn design and collect data on pack and manure-handling practices, as well as cow health. FULL STORY »
What is your bulk tank SCC?
Bulk tank somatic cell counts continue to decline. Could yours stand room for improvement? Here are some things to consider as you look for ways to improve your milk-quality program. FULL STORY »
Best milking practices workshop in Pa.
The series of hands-on workshops is designed for English-speaking milkers and managers. It will emphasize proper milking techniques and standard operation procedures that reduce somatic cell count. FULL STORY »
Use flunixin properly to avoid residue violations
The USDA Food Safety Inspection Service reported an increase in the number of residue violations in culled dairy cows from 2005 to 2010 with flunixin the second most common residue violation. FULL STORY »
- Ag markets remained mixed at midsession Thursday
- FSMA transportation rules for dairy foods, feeds draw comments
- Bill to tax sugar-sweetened beverages would exempt milk
- Commentary: When bigger is better
- Animal Welfare Audits: Part 6 - Follow-up for certification
- Dairy markets: Class III futures erode
- Minnesota's largest dairy shows calf facility
- Video: Milk's journey - 48 hours in 48 seconds
- Video: "Show kids got their white pants on"
- U.S dairy cow numbers up, but replacement heifer numbers lower
- Lighter side: Black bear gets head stuck in milk can
- Foremost Farms, Michigan Milk announce strategic alliance